Over the past few weeks, me and my fellow classmates have recently finished a project--the creative non-fiction project of course, where we had to write our very own magazine. Honestly, I liked this project and would like to hear that Ms.Cohen and other LA teachers will continue this project for future freshman to come. I feel like this project was/is an easy way to boost your grade considering how much time we invested in class. I mean, you're practically saying you don't care if you didn't do this project (not to bash on you kids who didn't). But not everything is about your grades in school, it's also about genuinely learning about voice and other writing craft throughout your high school journey, as it may (will) help you in the future. For example, well, first off, I have no extensive knowledge on college admission letters so I may be completely wrong about this but putting writing craft techniques and voice in your application might help--or like I said, maybe it's supposed to be professional, but you get the point. Hopefully.
Also, I really do think this was a great way to help us express and practice our voice, because this was a polished project worth a lot of points, not a piece of scrap paper that we had to write a paragraph with voice--kids don't put 100% effort in to things like that. I might just be weird, but because we got to write about whatever we wanted to it made me look forward to LA just a little bit more. And to be honest, I don't like LA, I like classes like math and science where things are done with reasoning, and logic. Not that LA is based on logical fallacies, it's just that it's more intertwined with human emotion, which is definitely, not logical--not that you're a bad teacher Ms.Cohen. Anyways, back to the CNF Project: I really appreciated this project and I hope to have more of these in the future; it was a great idea.
We'll definitely continue with this project in future classes Matt! Thanks for your input!
ReplyDelete