Search This Blog
Sunday, May 18, 2014
Divergent Review
So I finally finished Divergent. And i'm glad I read it. It's like The Hunger Games, just upgraded. I liked extra complexity. I like Divergent more than The Hunger Games for a lot of reasons. For one, I thought that The Hunger Games' plot had a tinge of cheesiness, whereas Divergent didn't have as much cheesiness. Also, I felt that Divergent was less predictable than the average book, something that books today lack. But this book was different, and could've had multiple endings. Most books you can tell how it's going to end or even how the plot is going to go just by reading the first couple chapters. Divergent also contained a decent amount of creativity, and no other book comes to mind when I think of Divergents Society, although there are a couple typical dystopian characteristics--basically, it had some unoriginal moments but whenever you're making a dystopian book it's hard to keep it completely un-cliche. Overall, I would have to give this book a 4.25/5 stars. I would definitely recommend this book for kids my age and even some adults, even if the writing isn't too complex. I believe this book is/should be a good casual read--the type that you read as your personal book, not the type you read and analyse as a class (i.e. Fahrenheit 451).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment