Search This Blog

Friday, May 16, 2014

Divergent Update

      So far, Divergent has lived up to everything it's been described as — at least I think so. It's a decent book and is really reeling; I haven't really had to force myself to read it. There's just this special quality that either have or don't that makes the reader want to read on, and this book has it. So far i'm about half way through the book, and there are some questions and predictions. I've always had an unusual amount of curiosity when it comes to dystopian societies. Even the setting/society/world of the "Walking Dead" (An AMC television show) has kept me curious. It seems like dystopian societies are always covering up the outside world and the curiosity just kills me, speaking of which, "The City of Ember", an awesome book just tore, me, apart. Just the whole mysteriousness of the 'mutants' outside the trench encompassing the tiny town made me want to read more and more. Great book. Anyways, back to Divergent. I'm about half way through the book and I too, have questions about what goes on outside the walls of their city. And i've also heard--thanks to my loquacious sister!--that in book 3 they leave the city. In fact, my sister told me that
*Spoiler Alert* . Another thing I should probably say is that this book has action and romance, a mixture that is hard to braid but the results are worth the effort. It's been a while since I have read a book this good and intend to keep reading it. Long story short, I like this book and you should read it.
Tris dies! Why would she do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment