Search This Blog
Monday, February 10, 2014
My Opinion of Romeo and Juliet
Personally, as a reader, I find Romeo and Juliet quite interesting. To my surprise, Romeo and Juliet is very engrossing and actually intense at parts. I have really never been in to romantic books (I have actually never read one) but Romeo and Juliet is just special. It has that special book quality that keeps you reading and curious. I usually don't care or enjoy and don't give much thought about them outside of school, but Romeo and Juliet is different: I often find myself thinking, "Whats going to happen next?" "Are they going to go public with their love or keep it secret up until their suicide?". Even though I do consider this one of the best reads in my past 9 years of school, it's a different question wether I would read this in my free time. Honestly, it's hard to get me to read any book with no outside influences period. So it would probably take a miracle to get me to read R&J on my own will. Even then, for a book it is a good read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
In my opinion, Romeo and Juliet is decent, but I don't think it earns all the credit it receives. The love to me seems too generic and I find it is too hard to come to the conclusion that Romeo and Juliet truly love eachother just after a few days. It just doesn't seem realistic.
ReplyDeleteI agree because I thought that I would not like it when we had to read it in 1a but it turned out to not be half bad.
ReplyDelete