Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Summer Reading Entry Three

Excerpt:
   "How ridiculous am I?
    I was supposed to kill the man, and here I am worrying about his well-being. I feel guilty about everything I did to him, but on the other hand, I feel guilty about not killing him. After all, that was what I was sent there to do. I think the gun in my letter box made that perfectly clear.
    Maybe he made it to the highway and kept walking.
    Maybe he threw himself off the cliff" (103).
 
    This shows the intensity and seriousness of the messages Ed must deal. This line is also very intriguing. What did this man do to deserve to die? Who sent the gun? What happened that night? I picked this line because it shows how intense and eventful the book can be. If anything, this shows that the book is not boring. I also like how this information kind of leaves the reader hanging, wondering about what happened after Ed left. Basically, this is a good line to attract readers in my stellar opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment