Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Summer Reading Entry Four

   I chose I am the Messenger because i've heard of other books by Mark Zusak and he seems to consistently write good books. Also, the title alone sounded intriguing. The summary also seemed to portray the book in a very interesting way. Even though there wasn't much for me to connect with since I am only 14 and the main character. However I could relate/agree to the theme (see entry two). I would recommend this to people who think that they are a loser/failure. I would recommend this to them because Ed thought he was a loser but proved himself wrong by doing good deeds throughout the book. This shows that no matter how much of a loser you are, you can always turn things around. Overall, I would rate this book 4/5 stars because of its excellent detailing and mysterious plot that just kept me wanting more. I would also recommend this book to people who regret there past because another theme of this book is as follows: I'ts not about what you have/haven't done, it's about what you can do. Also, I would recommend this to both casual and advanced readers because this book is both entertaining and meaningful at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment