Search This Blog

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Why I Like Non-Fiction Better than Fiction

     Matt speaking here, and again, I apologize for the semi-random posts; I kinda finished my novel and now i'm trying to finish my ten posts. So lets get to it. I like non-fiction better than fiction. And assuming you're literate, you already knew this. Well, then again, if you were illiterate you wouldn't be reading this. Wow, already went off on a tangent. OK, so lets get to it for real this time. I like non-fiction more than fiction for multiple reasons. For one, non-fiction teaches me things that can be applied to my life, and it's not that fiction doesn't, fiction certainly teaches you things that can be applied to your life it's just that non-fiction teaches me more. And this could be an arguable point for both sides, except for the fact that I don't deeply analyze the meaning of fictional books and what the point/morale of the story is. Also, I find non-fiction more interesting. I would rather read articles about the latest scientific breakthroughs or how to compile my own scripts in VBS (programming stuff), or even something as simple as how cars work. Fiction is great, it just simply evoke an as-powerful effect on my life; reading the Harry Potter series isn't going to teach me how to fly with a broomstick. Another thing I would also consider is that I have a very realistic mind--not that I don't daydream, because I definitely daydream. It's just that I tend to over-calculate things and rely on logic a lot. I also like to point out flaws in movies and such that wouldn't be possible in real life, which usually get a good "shush" by my friends or family when i'm watching a movie. That being said, it's hard for me to 'visualize' the story and picture it in my head. But really, it's entirely up to you. Which do you prefer?

4 comments:

  1. Haha love your use of voice while you blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Post, Great Voice makes your blog a lot more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like non-fiction more than fiction that is what my book is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your voice is so eloquent that it actually made me laugh out loud a few times, which is pretty hard to do in writing. Nice post man.

    ReplyDelete