Which Faction is the Best and Why
If you've read Divergent then you are (hopefully) familiar with the five factions of Beatrice's society: Abnegation, Erudite, Dauntless, Amity, and Candor. And if you haven't read Divergent, each faction has a distinctive quality, for better or worse. Abnegation values selflessness and service too others—basically prioritize other people's/the community's needs before yours. Then we have Amity, which values peace above all; a host to loving and kind people. After that we have Candor, which is all about the truth and honesty (which is a bit ironic considering how corrupt the society is). Next is Dauntless, a faction which values bravery and courage. The people in Dauntless are almost fearless and believe it is good to stand up for someone or something. Last but definitely not least, there's Erudite, a faction focused on intelligence and curiosity.Out of all those factions, I would go with Erudite.
If you've ever dabbled in the thought of reading a book or communicating with other human beings, then you've probably heard of the old saying "Too much of anything can be bad for you". And if you haven't, well, just kidding everyone has. Ignoring the fate/success of each faction, I would go with Erudite because out of all those qualities, I believe you can have more of Erudite's quality without it being dangerous/useless/negative than any other. Technology is man's greatest weapon, utility, creation, tool, device, etc. And although technology can be dangerous, it can also be positive. Intelligence is important and you can never (theoretically) have too much of it to the point of danger. Also, when given time, intelligence always wins—that's why were at the top of the food chain! So if there is ever to be a war against other factions for some reason or a revolution, good luck with being 'kind' Amity. It also seems that the more intelligent the people, the more stable the society, or in this case faction. Also, I wouldn't mind being in a room full of very intelligent people, but being overly kind or selfless would just be downright annoying. And besides, if everyone is so kind to each other it would lower the value of polite comments such as "You're nice" or "You're beautiful" to the point to where it would be normal for someone to tell you that, therefore making an absence of a polite comment rude. And I definitely don't want to be giving out polite comments 24/7, not that i'm the Grinch or anything, it just, well, gets annoying, as I said earlier.
Anyways, enough bashing on Amity. I also see flaws in other factions, such as Abnegation. And although I may not be Obama or some fancy politician from Harvard, I still get a sense of communism when I think about Abnegation. Just saying. Another thing i'd like to point out is that it's good to put the progression of your society before yourself, but I still feel like intelligent people have a better shot at running a successful faction than a bunch of Rosa Parks because they may have the will, but not the intelligence (not that Non-Erudites are stupid). But seriously, even though the intelligence, scientific orientation, and curiosity may not be as far of a gap between humans and animals when it comes to Erudite and the other factions, it will still make a difference.
What's your faction and why?
No comments:
Post a Comment