Search This Blog

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Final Blog Reflections

         After a trimester of blogging, I would have to say one of my favorite/best post would have to be The Shack: Reasons to Read (http://mattcaldwellsreadingblog.blogspot.com/2013/12/my-reading-book-i-chose-shack-by.html). This post would have to be one of my best because of the way I analyzed The Shack (Specifically the theme). My analyzation of The Shack's theme was exemplar and conveys complex ideas and concepts. Towards the end of the post I say "The Shack, has a baroque and convoluted grid-like structure with bits subtle but important details speckled throughout the story that gradually assemble." This quote shows complex and detailed analysis of the theme with a lot of details. 

          As Trimester 2 ends I hope to continue to read books personally and to not stray away from reading, and try to gradually increase the skill level/sophistication of the books I read. I would also like to slowly move away from fantasy and casual reads like 'The Hunger Games' and the 'Percy Jackson Series'. I would also like to to start reading young adult books and other complex books. As far as writing, I would like to make my writing less mechanical, and more smooth. Also, I would like to incorporate more imagery and personification into my writing. I also want to integrate the plot into the text in a clearer manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment